PETID247 GLOBALLY

Both of these cuties are available at no cost during Bissel’s Empty The Shelters Event, running now through 7/31! The post Meet Chocolate Chip & Kix! appeared first on Animal Defense League of Texas - San Antonio. View more...
Discover the amazing list of books about animals that will be celebrated at Bark! Fest in September 2024. By Zazie Todd, PhD Bark! Fest is just around the corner and we will be celebrating some amazing books about dogs, cats, and other animals. Get ready to cuddle on the couch with your pet while you listen to some of your favourite authors talk about their books. Plus, you’ll have the chance to win books and to ask questions of the authors. I’m delighted to unveil the list of books that will be featured at Bark! Fest. If you love animals and love reading, you are really going to love this event! What is Bark! Fest? Bark! Fest is the book festival for animal lovers. 23 authors will be in conversation about their books over a...
The post Snip Snip: Manic Gets Neutered by Allison Dorsey appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Allison! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my three mixed-breed dogs from Thailand, Jelly, Lorraina, and Manic. Living on a small island made me aware of how bad a dog population can become if it remains unspayed or intact. Though the animal clinic there...
The post Nest Bedding Bolstered Pet Bed Review 2024: An Expert’s Breakdown by Emily Muller appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead About Nest Bedding Overview Key Features Is It A Good Value? FAQ Our Experience Our Final Verdict We give the Bolstered Pet Bed a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. Quality: 5/5 Comfort: 5/5 Variety...
Infections and mites are common cat ear problems. Knowing the symptoms and what you can do to treat and prevent cat ear infections will keep your kitty happy and pain-free. Cats rely on an acute sense of hearing for communication, hunting, and navigating their environment. Because hearing is essential for cats, pet parents must pay special attention to ear health. Two of the most common problems that can impact feline ear health include infections and mites, which can cause inflammation, discomfort, and hearing loss if untreated. Let’s learn more about cat ear infections and ear mites, including signs, symptoms, prevention, and treatment. What Are Ear Mites? Ear mites are microscopic parasites that feed on wax in your cat’s ear...
WONDERING, DOES ANTI-MARKING SPRAY FOR DOGS WORK? Rocco & Roxie Supply Co. Cat Lovers Bundle $28.77 Buy Now We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. 07/24/2024 05:13 am GMT Urine marking is a common issue many dog owners face. If your furry friend has developed a habit of marking specific areas, it could be helpful to explore the best anti-marking sprays available. This post is all about anti-marking spray for dogs. In this guide, I am highlighting the top sprays made with natural ingredients, essential oils, and other effective solutions to help you stop this behavior. 🐶 Artificial Grass, 51" x 26" Dog Pee Pads, Professional Dog Potty Training Rug, Large Dog Grass Mat with Drainage...
Kidney and liver problems in dogs may affect both senior and young dogs. These two vital organs which perform essential functions in the body it is important for every pet owner to know the basics. Kidney functions and importance The kidneys are essential for a healthy dog. Think of the kidneys as filtration plants. They clean and purify and ensure vital minerals and nutrients are returned to the body. blood is filtered through the kidneys therefore a healthy optimally functioning kidney is able to return “clean “ blood to your dogs system. Understanding the Vital Role of the Canine Kidney The canine kidney is an essential organ that plays a crucial role in maintaining the overall health and well-being of dogs. Much like in...
The post Boglen Terrier Dog Breed: Info, Pictures, Care Guide & More by Matt Jackson appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts The Boglen Terrier is a rare hybrid dog breed that crosses the Beagle with the Boston...
The post Why Do Dachshunds Hate Rain? 5 Potential Reasons & Tips by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Reasons Dachshunds Hate Rain Tips for Dogs That Don’t Like the Rain You can’t blame Dachshunds for hating the rain. It’s not always fun to walk in the rain, and their disdain isn’t unique to the breed...
Next time you have to leave Fido or Felix at home, an in-home pet sitter can ensure they get the best care and give you peace of mind about your fur baby’s well-being. In-home pet sitting is the most reliable way to make certain your beloved companion animals get top-notch care when you’re not home. Whether you’re away for business, pleasure, family obligations, or any other reason, an in-home pet sitter will stay in your home and treat your fur baby like their own. They can care for animals with special needs, look after your home, keep you updated about your furry bestie, and so much more. An In-Home Pet Sitter Is the Next Best Thing to Being Home! Traveling pet parents have choices like boarding, relying on family or friends...
Raising a happy and well-adjusted dog requires socialization. Your dog will behave well and be able to adjust to different situations, people, and other animals with the support of proper socialization. This article explains the benefits of socialization and offers advice on how to raise a self-assured and well-mannered dog. Why Socialization Matters Reduces Fear and Anxiety Your dog’s emotional health and behavior depend on how effectively they are socialized. Unsocialized dogs can experience stress from everyday events because they grow afraid or nervous in strange situations. You can teach your dog that unfamiliar situations and people are not dangerous by exposing them to a range of experiences from an early age. A more...
The Perfect Name for Your New Puppy 🐶✨ Welcome to the ultimate guide for finding the perfect dog name for your canine gal! Whether you’re inspired by TV shows, video games, or just want something unique, we’ve got you covered. Let’s find a fitting name for your new girl dog with names that stand out! Oh, and honestly, boy dogs can totally use these too! In a world of wagging tails and playful games 🐾, We ponder the sweetest girl dog names 🐶✨. From Daisy 🌼 to Bella 🌟, so gentle and bright 🌈, Each name tells a story of joy and delight 😍. Luna 🌙, the moonlight, a name full of grace 🌌, Rosie 🌹, the bloom, brings a smile to every face 😊. Girl dog names, whispered softly in the breeze 🍃, Echo the love we share, as sweet as the trees 🌳...
The post Why Penny Is (Almost) Like My Second Child by Savanna Stanfield appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Savanna! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my spunky Chihuahua mix, Penny. What I’m about to say may ruffle some feathers, but please hear me out by reading the whole thing. When I became a mother to an actual human child, it used to...
Zucchini can be a healthy option for your dog. Just make sure to introduce it gradually and feed in moderation. Zucchini is a versatile and nutrient-dense vegetable that can be a good addition to your dog’s diet. Rich in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as minerals like potassium and manganese, zucchini can provide a range of health benefits for our canine companions. It’s low in calories and high in fiber, making it an excellent choice for dogs who need to maintain a healthy weight or manage digestive issues. Potential issues with zucchini Zucchini is generally safe for dogs to eat in moderation, but there are a few potential concerns to be aware of: Zucchini can sometimes contain high levels of a compound called cucurbitacins...
Have you ever gazed into your pet’s eyes, brimming with emotion, and longed to understand the world swirling behind them? Imagine understanding your pet’s behavior better by bridging […] Read More...
The evolution of dog food reflects broader changes in our understanding of nutrition, animal health, and the human-canine bond. What began as table scraps and leftovers has transformed into a sophisticated industry focused on scientifically formulated diets designed to meet the specific needs of our canine companions. This journey from scraps to science highlights the advancements in dog food production and the growing awareness of the importance of tailored nutrition for dogs. The Early Days: Table Scraps and Leftovers In the early days, dogs were primarily fed scraps from their owners’ tables. This practice was rooted in practicality and convenience. Dogs were often working animals on farms and homesteads, helping with hunting...
The post Ned, Fred, and Bed: An Unconventional Approach to Toilet Training by Dr. Karyn Kanowski, BVSc MRCVS (Vet) appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Dr. Karyn! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my five funny dogs, Poppy, Bailey, Kodah, Ned, and Fred. I hate when people use stereotypes on dogs. I hate it even more when they turn out to be right...
Since long ago, dogs have been our faithful friends. Part of the reason they’ve grown to be such cherished family members is their capacity for communication. A dog’s tail wagging is one of the most identifiable ways they communicate. Dogs wag their tails, but for what reason exactly? Because of their deep-rooted social behaviors and physiological structure, this seemingly simple motion is a complicated form of communication. Communication and Social Interaction of Dogs Dogs use tail waving to communicate with each other and their feelings. Whereas a slow-pace wag conveys inquisitiveness or doubt, a high, quick wag conveys happiness or excitement. When a dog is alert, it displays its tail straight out to indicate that it is...
The post Can Dogs Have Tilapia? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Misty Layne appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Why Can Dogs Eat Tilapia? Benefits Dangers Feeding Guide Tilapia is one of the most commonly eaten fish around, so if you’re a fan of fish, chances are you eat this fairly often. As such, you may be tempted to feed...
The post Can Dogs Drink Apple Juice? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Jessica Kim appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Why Dogs Shouldn’t Drink Apple Juice Dangers Safer Alternatives Dogs can enjoy many different kinds of fruit, and apples are among the most popular fruits to give to them. While most dogs are perfectly content...
The post Why Do Dogs Love Peanut Butter So Much? And Vet-Approved Enrichment Ideas by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Nutritional Value of Peanut Butter Enrichment Ideas Caveats About Peanut Butter When we think of wild canids, we imagine a wolf hunting in a pack and chasing down deer, elk, or moose. Our...
The post Why Do Dogs Like Tug of War? Vet-Approved Benefits, Tips & Considerations by Matt Jackson appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Why Do Dogs Like Tug of War? The Benefits Safety How Long Should I Play? Letting Them Win Dental Care Does It Tire Them Out? Every dog is different. Some like to charge from room to room; others...
The post Odie Pet Insurance Review 2024: An Expert’s Breakdown by Lisa Lee appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Our Review Pricing & Plans Deductibles & Claims Coverage FAQ Conclusion Our Final Verdict We give Odie Pet Insurance a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. Click to Compare Odie Pet Plans Having pet insurance is a...
When Will and Deb first welcomed Momo into their home, they knew they’d be welcoming her into their hearts forever. It was her child-like curiosity and her playful disposition that captured them, plus her snuggly and cuddly nature. Born on July 16th, Momo is a true Cancer through and through where her loyalty to her parents and to her besties in the office is well known; she is a sassy princess who knows what she wants; she is caring and sensitive and craves cuddles and affection from her parents. Momo has brought so much joy into her parents’ lives, so they knew they needed to bring just as much joy into her life. They became determined to give Momo the best, starting with her bed. After searching for the best, they couldn’t find...
The post Why Does My Dog Rub His Face on Me? 5 Possible Reasons Explained by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Our dogs do all sorts of cute things that make us go, “Aww.” If you have noticed your dog rubbing their cute little nose all over you, what gives? In this article, we’re going to try to decode that doggy behavior so you can understand it once...
Rescue dogs frequently experience incredible metamorphoses, emerging from hardship as beloved friends. Their inspirational stories abound as they travel from abandonment or neglect to prosperity and happiness. These canines, who were once disregarded, are now well-liked superstars in households, neighborhoods, and occasionally even in capacities as therapy or assistance dogs, demonstrating the tenacity and loveable nature that rescue dogs exemplify. Chance the Therapy Dog Chance’s tale started when he was found scared and underweight on the streets. After being saved, Chance got the treatment and recovery he sorely required. His metamorphosis was quite amazing, and he quickly realized that being a therapy dog was his calling...
Today, the Austin Animal Services Office launched a community survey to gather feedback on what we, as Austinites, prioritize for our animals. Read More...
There are new guidelines for advertisers and any organization that uses images of dogs in public communications. Here’s the infographic that explains them. The Welsh Corgi is one of the breeds that often has an extreme conformation, meaning care should be taken if choosing this breed to use in advertising, according to the new guidelines. Photo: Jus_Ol/Shutterstock By Zazie Todd, PhD The International Collaborative on Extreme Conformation in Dogs (ICECDogs) has put forward new guidelines which suggest never using any images of dogs with an extreme conformation (i.e., body shape) in advertising or other public communications. The concern is that the widespread use of such images only normalizes the extreme body shape, when...
The post Would I Be Friends With My Dogs If They Were People? Probably Not by Allison Dorsey appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Allison! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my three mixed-breed dogs from Thailand, Jelly, Lorraina, and Manic. Dogs have always been seen as the ideal companions for people. While some breeds are mainly used as working...
The post 16 Weird Things Dogs Do When They Love You: Info & Facts by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Weird is the word when it comes to our pups! It seems that they’re always doing something to entertain us that’s either extremely cute, hilarious, or even questionable. Each dog has their own love language, so they will express themselves very...
WANT A LIST OF SCIENCE DOG NAMES? You are in the right place! Are you on the quest to find the perfect name for your new smart or nerdy furry friend? Whether you’re a dog owner, a fan of nerdy names, or just love a good science pun, we’ve got the top picks for you! Let’s dive into the periodic table of dog names and find the perfect fit for your canine companion. 1. Nerdy Names for Your New Pooch 🧑‍🔬🐶 Is your pup destined to be the Einstein of dogs? Here are some scientific names that are sure to make your first dog stand out at the kennel club! Einstein – For the genius pup with wild hair. Newton – Perfect for a black dog with gravity-defying energy. Curie – Ideal for a female dog that radiates charm. 2. Comic Book Names for...
Happy National Adoption Week! To celebrate, we’re bringing adoptable pets to your local Petsmart this week. Here are just a few of the kitties that will be waiting to meet you: 7/18 Meet Isamel at PetSmart – Mueller from 5-6:30pm Read More...
The post Why Does My Dog Hump My Leg? 4 Reasons & Tips to Stop It by Nicole Cosgrove appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Why Does My Dog Hump My Leg? How to Stop Your Dog From Humping Even though we know dogs can show a tendency to hump, it’s one action owners rarely weather without a little bit of embarrassment. After all...
The post Can Dogs Have Matcha? Vet-Verified Dangers & FAQ by Misty Layne appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Matcha Overview Why Can’t Dogs Eat Matcha Dangers Frequently Asked Questions Matcha can be found in a plethora of food and drink items, from lattes to ice cream. If you’re a fan of occasionally giving your canine companion a...
The post Why Are Police Dogs Called K9? History & Facts by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead The Beginnings of Canine Training Units The Quartermaster War Dog Program Resurrecting Canine Use in Law Enforcement Modern-Day Police Work The history of using canines for police and military work goes back to the...
The post Teacup Dachshund: Do They Exist? Facts & FAQ by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Origins Why Do Breeders Encourage It? The Problem About This Breed FAQs “Teacup” is a buzzword you probably won’t hear in the circles of reputable breeders. That’s because it’s not formally defined. A general rule is...
The post Do Owls Attack Dogs? Tips to Protect Your Pup by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Owls Are Birds of Prey How Much Weight Can Owls Carry? How Owls Hunt Pets Importance of Dog Size Injuries from Owls Tips to Protect Your Pup Owls are fearsome creatures and incredible flyers. They are capable of being...
The post My Puppy Is Having Seizures – What’s Going On? (Vet Answer) by Dr. Joe Mallat DVM (Veterinarian) appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Here’s What to Do Signs Causes FAQ Witnessing a seizure episode in your puppy can be distressing and overwhelming. Seizures are caused by abnormal and uncontrolled electrical activity in the...
Dogs come in various breeds, from the well-known Labrador Retriever to the unusual Saluki, demonstrating the world’s extreme diversity. Plenty of lesser-known breeds provide distinctive characteristics and intriguing histories, even though most people are familiar with prominent varieties like German Shepherds and Poodles. Often distinguishing themselves from more popular types, these uncommon dog breeds have rich histories, unique skills, and striking looks. Dog lovers and those considering getting a companion may learn a lot and have fun by learning about these lesser-known breeds. Lagotto Romagnolo The Lagotto Romagnolo is a unique breed with a long history that is sometimes confused for a poodle. These dogs are Italian, coming...
The post Why Do Dogs Howl When You Howl? 5 Common Reasons by Chantelle Fowler appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Dogs make a lot of interesting vocalizations, but none are quite as loud or jarring as the howl. Most dog owners know that their pets howl for a number of reasons, including communicating and sending a warning, but have you ever wondered why yours howls...
The post Why Do Dogs Hate Cats? Myths & Facts Explained by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Dogs & Cats Overview Prey Drive in Dogs Dog Breeds with Higher Prey Drive Potential Importance of Socialization Cat Testing: A Crucial Step Before Adoption It has been a widely known phenomenon that some dogs love to chase...
The post Can Dogs Sleep With Their Eyes Open? Vet-Verified Facts & Info by Jessica Kim appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Possible Why Reasons Dogs Sleep With Their Eyes Open When to Be Concerned Dogs can have strange or unique sleeping habits, and it can take us time to get used to them. Sometimes, dogs may startle their owners...
The post Penny’s Favorite Things: All the Things My Dog Loves by Savanna Stanfield appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Savanna! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my spunky Chihuahua mix, Penny. “Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with string…” Just like the song...
The post Afghan Chon (Bichon Frise & Afghan Hound Mix): Info, Pictures, Care & More by Nicole Cosgrove appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts Please Note The Afghan Chon dog is a relatively new crossbreed with no...
Welcome, dog owners 🐕‍🦺 and pet parents! Finding the best brush for dogs with short hair can be a daunting task, but we’re here to make it easier. In this informative guide, we’ll delve into the wonders of the HOP Short Hair Dog Brush and why it’s a must-have for maintaining a healthy coat for your furry friend. 🤓 ⌚️ Don’t have time to read this entire post? I totally get it! 👌 Here is the exact brush this article dives into. 🐕‍🦺 💕Hope ya’ like it as much as we do! HOP Short Hair Dog Brush Pet Brushing Grooming Comb for Short Hair Coats Detangling and Shedding Coat Hair Remover Two Sided Removing Dirt & Loose Hair for Dogs Home of Paws $16.99 Buy Now We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you...
Cats love green grass and plants! However, there are a lot of plants, bushes, and even some grass that are not good for your cat. Some plants and bushes have poison chemicals in the plant, which will make your cat very ill or even die. Benefits of Growing Cat-friendly Grass and Plants Why does a cat like to eat green grass or plants? Cats do this to help with digestion and to assist with releasing hairballs from their system. Grass or plants serve as a self-medicating means for your cat. Wheat, oat grass, catnip, or heather are just some of the plants you can grow as either an indoor or outdoor garden for your kitty. When growing cat-friendly grass in your house, it’s a great idea to find a long potting box to enable your cat to...
Country of Origin Australia Available from Petbarn Billy + Margot dog food is a popular choice if you shop at PetBarn. It’s an Australian brand, which we love, and the packaging is spattered with words like “Farm raised” and “SUPERFOOD” in CAPITAL LETTERS. Sounds good, right? Although the Billy + Margot range isn’t too bad, in the review I’ll cover the stuff they don’t tell you about. At the current price per kilo I find it a little more expensive than similar brands. As of 2024 Billy + Margot have added a novel Insect Protein + Superfoods recipe which may appeal to you if you have a dog with dietary sensitivities. Insect protein (in this case Black Soldier Fly larvae) is becoming increasingly popular as a planet-friendly...
Scratching and licking are considered normal behavior in dogs as they are grooming or tending to a minor inconvenience by themselves. However, if you notice your dog scratching excessively, there’s surely a problem that you need to address promptly. This blog will cover the common reasons for compulsive itching in dogs and what you can do to relieve them. We’ll also touch upon some effective preventive measures so stick till the end. Let’s get started. Common Causes of Itching in Dogs This segment covers the common reasons your dog may be scratching excessively. Parasite bites Parasite bites are the most common reason for itching in your dog. These parasites include fleas, ticks, and mites. You can see ticks with the naked eye but...
1win Ci Sobre Côte D’ivoire ᐉ Site Officiel De Paris Sportif 1win Ci Сonnexion Paris Sportifs Et Casino Durante Ligne En Côte D’ivoire Bonus 850 Xof Content Bonus De Juste Du Site 1win In Est-il Légal En Côte D’ivoire? Comment Retirer De L’argent En Déambulant 1win Ci In Bet Côte D’ivoire In Bet Conseils Spéciales Et Prime Choisissez L’une Des Méthodes Para Retrait Comment Jouer” “à 1win Accédez À Votre Compte De Paris Meilleur Bookmaker Puis-je Créer Plusieurs Comptes Pour Les Paris? Est-il Possible De Regarder Les Matchs En Direct Sur 1win? Est-ce O Qual 1win Offre El Bonus De Bienvenue Aux Nouveaux Internautes En Côte D’ivoire? In App Pour Android Os Et Ios Durante Côte D’ivoire Généreux Bonus De Juste Pour Les Derniers...
Most of us have experienced what it feels like when a dog takes treats like a shark. We probably know some situations in which our dogs do that and what it might mean. But what about when a dog takes a treat extra gently? I’ve been writing about dog body language since I began this […] The post Does a Soft Mouth Mean My Dog Is Relaxed? appeared first on eileenanddogs. Reas More...
The post Who’s The Boss? Debunking The Dominance Theory (with Video) by Dr. Karyn Kanowski, BVSc MRCVS (Vet) appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Dr. Karyn! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my five funny dogs, Poppy, Bailey, Kodah, Ned, and Fred. We were always a large dog family; two Labradors and an Irish Wolfhound – it couldn’t get much larger...
Know your dog’s heat threshold, and take precautions to help him beat the heat and enjoy the summer. As temperatures soar, it’s crucial to know the risks posed by extreme heat, especially when it comes to your dog. This comprehensive guide will help you understand when it’s too hot for your dog, depending on his size, and provide key tips to ensure his safety and comfort. How Hot is Too Hot? TUFTS has established scales for heat tolerance thresholds for small, medium, and large dogs. The thing to remember is that as the temperature rises, risk levels increase, especially for large dogs. At the highest temperatures, the risk becomes dangerous and potentially life-threatening, so outdoor activity should be avoided. Small and medium...
The post Pet Telehealth: How Does It Work? Vet Approved Facts & FAQ by Jessica Kim appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead How It Works Types of Pet Telehealth Where It’s Used Advantages Disadvantages FAQ Many aspects of living with dogs have changed since the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has caused many people to become familiar...
Betting Company ᐉ Online Wagering 1xbet 1xbet App 1xbet Mobile ᐉ Get 1xbet Apk Program Android & I Phone ᐉ 1xbet Global Content How To Download Typically The 1xbet Betting App? Is It Lawful To Join Up 1xbet Within Nigeria? How In Order To Register In 1xbet Via The App ???? How Does The Particular 1xbet App Upgrade Work? Bet Live Betting About The Course Regarding The Match ???? How Could I Download The 1xbet Affiliate App? How In Order To Update The Wagering App? A Comprehensive Evaluation About The 1xbet Bookmaker Bet Nigeria Customer Service What Betting Alternatives Can Be Purchased In The Application? Bugs Login And Amount Withdrawal Issues Data Safety Compare 1xbet Application With Other Bookmakers’ Apps Casino Create...
The post Truly Free Cleaning Products Review 2024: An Expert Breakdown by Lisa Lee appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead About Truly Free Key Features Reviews Our Experience Our Final Verdict We give the Truly Free Cleaning Products an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. Quality: 5/5 Variety: 5/5 Ingredients: 5/5 Safety...
The post Penguin Dog CBD Supplements Review 2024: An Expert’s Breakdown by Gabrielle McGhee appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead About Penguin Key Features Reviews FAQ Our Experience Our Final Verdict We give CPenguin CBD products an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Quality: 4.5/5 Packaging: 3.5/5 Palatability: 5/5...
The post CBDistillery Wag CBD Pet Tincture Review 2024: An Expert’s Breakdown by Sara Seitz appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead About CBDistillery Wag CBD Pet Tincture Overview Key Features Is It A Good Value? FAQ Our Experience Our Final Verdict We give CBDistillery Wag CBD Pet Tincture a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars...
The post Pupford Dog Training Treats Review: An Expert’s Breakdown by Gabrielle McGhee appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead About Pupford Key Features Reviews FAQ Our Experience Our Final Verdict We give Pupford dog treats an overall rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Quality: 5/5 Variety: 5/5 Ingredients: 5/5 Value: 5/5 Check...
Lately I’ve been challenged by an unwanted guest. Something that keeps trespassing even after I’ve repeatedly escorted them to the door. The villain is impermanence….or is it? I know everything changes and nothing lasts forever. However, the reality is a little harder to swallow. We age, friends get sick, family members pass away. At age sixty-three, loss feels like a daily part of life. When a good friend recently told me she’d be moving away, and another friend found herself in the hospital after getting ill, a familiar pang of sadness stuck in my throat. As I sat with the feeling, I wondered about loss and how best to cope with it. How do we mend our hearts time and time again? That’s when someone sent me an article that shifted my...
To Continue Development of the Hays County Pet Resource Center Read More...
The post Can Dogs Eat Rhubarb? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Nicole Cosgrove appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Why Can’t Dogs Eat Rhubarb? Rhubarb Toxicity What to Do Since it’s full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, rhubarb is one popular pie ingredient we don’t have to feel guilty about eating. But as much as we...
A dog’s joints will change as they age, but did you know that certain types of activity and exercise can also impact healthy joints? Find out how and what you can do to support your dog’s joint health! One of the best things about being a dog parent is having a loyal companion who’s always up for a walk, hike, swim, game of fetch, or other activity. Your dog relies on healthy joints to stay game for adventures, and a healthy diet and regular exercise help keep them happy, healthy, and fit. However, excessive activity and age can both impact the health of your dog’s joints. The good news is nutrient-rich joint supplements can help support healthy mobility for dogs of all ages and activity levels. Let’s look at how age and exercise can...
Love your pets and love to read about animals? This upcoming book festival is for you! By Zazie Todd PhD Nothing is better than relaxing on the couch with your dog or cat and reading a book by one of your favourite authors. Except maybe listening to your favourite author talk about that book… Well you and your dog or cat can now do that with Bark! Fest, the book festival for animal lovers. 23 authors of books about animals, from much-loved classics to exciting new titles, will be in conversation about their books in a series of online events in September 2024. The events are aimed squarely at people who love their pets, with both dogs and cats being feted. The authors’ books cover a range of topics, from dog training and cat...
The post What Is Telehealth for Dogs? Vet-Verified Facts & Info by Misty Layne appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead How Does It Work? Types of Telehealth for Dogs Where Is It Used? Advantages Disadvantages Frequently Asked Questions Many people became familiar with telehealth during the COVID-19 pandemic. Of course, telehealth...
The post Blue German Shepherd Dog Breed: Info, Pictures, History & More by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Characteristics History How They Gained Popularity Formal Recognition Fun Facts Do They Make a Good Pet? German Shepherds have been a long-standing favorite among dog lovers for years! It’s really no wonder...
The post Can Dogs Eat Turkey Necks? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Nicole Cosgrove appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Benefits Drawbacks What Kind of Dogs Can Eat Turkey Necks? Feeding Guide Unless you’re using the turkey neck in a tasty gravy, stock, or soup, many of us can’t think of anywhere else to put them besides the...
The post Can Dogs Have Onion Rings? Vet-Verified Facts & FAQ by Misty Layne appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Why Can’t Dogs Eat Onion Rings? Dangers What Happens Dogs Eat Onion Rings? What To Do You love giving your dog a bite of your food every now and then as a special treat, and most of the time, that’s fine. Many human foods...
The post How Jelly Became a Velcro Dog in Her Old Age by Allison Dorsey appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Allison! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my three mixed-breed dogs from Thailand, Jelly, Lorraina, and Manic. Are Velcro dogs born with the uncontrollable desire to be with their owners every waking moment, or is it something they grow...
The post Can Dogs Have Persimmons? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Dr. Amanda Charles BVSc MRCVS (Veterinarian) appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Disclaimer: As with any new foods and treats, it’s always advisable to consult with your veterinarian before giving persimmons to your dog. Whether a particular food is suitable for your dog will depend on many...
The post Why Do Dogs Kick After They Pee? 4 Possible Reasons Explained by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Possible Reasons Why Dogs Kick After They Pee Canine Sense of Smell Changes in Bathroom Habits So, you’ve been going out to the bathroom with your dog since they were just a wee puppy. You have been watching...
You find a strange lump on your beloved fur baby during a cuddle session. Yikes – what do you do?! First: DO NOT PANIC! Second: Read on for some of the kinds of lumps and bumps in companion animals, when to worry (spoiler alert: you don’t – let your vet do the worrying for you), and what to do about them. Lumps and bumps in dogs and cats are not uncommon, and there are multiple kinds of them – many of which are benign. So: Understanding the common kinds of lumps and bumps, knowing when to seek veterinary care, and helping prevent lumps by supporting overall health with proper supplementation, can help ensure your pet remains healthy and happy – and you remain calm. 10 Most Common Lumps and Bumps in Dogs and Cats 1. Lipomas...
Country of origin Australia Available from Direct – 20% off with this link! If you want to feed your dog a really high quality dog food, would like the food to be “raw”, but with the convenience of kibble, then Healthy Active Pet might be for you. The trade off for a high quality food is always a high price, so you need to keep that in mind. You can feed a dog food like this as part of the diet which should really boost your dog’s health, so in that sense it might be worth a try. Let’s take a look – is Healthy Active Pet a good dog food? Healthy Active Pet review What the marketing says What the ingredients really say Where to buy Ingredients Guaranteed analysis Healthy Active Pet review What the marketing says Healthy...
Country of Origin Australia Available from Woolworths, Big W, Coles, PetBarn + Recommended retailer Pet Circle Supercoat is one of the most popular brands of dog food in Australia, and has been for many years. There are two reasons why you may feed Supercoat to your dog: Because it’s readily available; or Because it’s budget friendly. Over the years I’ve found many dog owners recommend the brand for reasons such as “My dog eats it, so it must be great”, but as a certified pet nutritionist the best advice I can give you is to keep in mind how many cereal grains there are in this food – wheat, sorghum, corn, barley. I’m sure you know your dog is instinctively drawn more towards meat than crops? That said, the cost of feeding...
Apples 🍎🍎 are a delicious and nutritious fruit for humans, but can canines 🐾 enjoy them too? Can dogs eat applesauce? In this guide, we’ll explore the benefits and risks of feeding applesauce to your dog, 🐶 how to do it safely, and some fun recipes to try. 🍏🍎 Let’s dive in! Perfect Poop Digestion & General Health Supplement for Dogs: Fiber, Prebiotics, Probiotics & Enzymes Relieve Digestive Conditions, Optimize Stool, and Improve Health (Cheddar Cheese, 4.2 oz) $14.99 Buy Now We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. 07/10/2024 05:28 am GMT Nutritional Benefits of Apples for Dogs Fresh apples are a fantastic source of vitamin C, fiber, and various essential nutrients. They can be a healthy...
The post Can Dogs Eat Jelly Beans? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Chantelle Fowler appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Can Dogs Eat Jelly Beans? Harmful Ingredients Other Ingredients What Do If Your Dog Eats a Jelly Bean If you have kids, I’m sure you’ve encountered your fair share of jelly beans. Maybe you’ve even eaten a...
The post Can Dogs Get Cold Sores? Vet-Verified Facts & FAQ by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Causes of Canine Mouth Sores Treatment Frequently Asked Questions Many people have experienced a cold sore or fever blister sometime during their life. For humans, it’s often a painful condition that may come on...
The post 4 Pet Safe Insecticides to Use at Home: Safety & Facts by Nicole Cosgrove appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead How Pet-Safe Insecticides Are Classified Pet-Safe Insecticides to Use at Home Common Insecticide Dangers Integrated Pest Management Striking a balance between effectiveness and safety is rarely easy in pest...
The post Can Dogs Eat Capers? Vet-Reviewed Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Misty Layne appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Caper Overview Dangers of Ingestion Healthier Alternatives You love your dog, so you want to give them treats every now and again, and sometimes those treats are your own food. A lot of the time, depending on the...
The post Can Dogs Have Cumin? Vet-Reviewed Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Misty Layne appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Cumin Overview The Benefits The Possible Risks How Much Cumin Should I Give My Dog When you think about giving your dog a bite of your food as a treat, you probably don’t think about what spices the food contains. You...
Plasma may not be a pet food ingredient you’re familiar with, but it could be in your dog’s or cat’s food right now—and for good reason! Let’s learn more about plasma for dogs and cats and why it’s a great addition to their food, treats, and supplements. It seems that every time you turn around these days, someone is trying out a new ingredient in pet foods and acting like it’s the best thing since belly rubs. But one ingredient that doesn’t get a lot of attention despite its many benefits is plasma. This little-known but highly nutritious ingredient has been in pet foods for many years, and your dog or cat might benefit from recipes that include it. This article will look at plasma for dogs and cats, what it is, why it’s great, and...
The post Can Dogs Have Vanilla? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Matt Jackson appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Can Dogs Eat Vanilla? Benefits Avoid Extracts Alcohol Poisoning In Dogs Alternatives Can Dogs Eat Vanilla Ice Cream or Yoghurt? Vanilla is a common additive that is used to flavor sweet treats like cake, biscuits...
The post Can Dogs Eat Wasabi? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Matt Jackson appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Why Can’t Dogs Eat Wasabi? Potential Dangers What to Do Can Dogs Eat Sushi? Wasabi is known for its strong, spicy flavor and is enjoyed for its powerful kick. Typically served as a paste, wasabi comes from the...
The post Can Dogs Have Scallops? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Why Dogs Can Eat Scallops Nutritional Benefits Other Considerations FAQ Learning that 95% of people consider their pets family members is not all that surprising these days. We open our homes to our dogs...
Fireworks may cause added stress for pets. Here are tips for owners on how to help (yahoo.com) The post Firework Safety Tips! appeared first on Animal Defense League of Texas - San Antonio. View more...
The rumors are true! Thanks to Bissel Pet Foundation, ADL is pushing to ‘Empty the Shelters’ with free adoptions ALL JULY! Browse our adoptable pets here. Read the full . . . The post appeared first on Animal Defense League of Texas - San Antonio. View more...
The post Penny’s Kayaking Adventure: Why I Take Her With Me by Savanna Stanfield appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Savanna! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my spunky Chihuahua mix, Penny. Small dogs have a reputation for being extra possessive of their owners, and Penny is no exception. I don’t know if she knows that I’ll protect her, or if...
The post Can Dogs Have Green Tea? Vet-Verified NFacts & FAQ by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Benefits Risks Green Tea Extracts Frequently Asked Questions We all want the best for our pets. After all, we consider them family members. Therefore, it’s understandable why you might want to give your pup some...
When it’s time to adopt a cat into your home, these five tips will help you find the perfect addition to your two- and four-legged family! June was National Adopt-a-Cat Month, and if you’re still thinking about adding a four-legged member to your family, now is a great time to head to your local animal shelter or rescue! However, bringing a new cat into your home is a big responsibility. Luckily, knowing how to choose the right cat will help ensure you and your new pal become inseparable besties. Here are five tips to help you adopt a cat that’s a purrfect match for your home! 1. Talk to Staff About Temperament Animal shelter staff assess every cat’s temperament. Cats can be affectionate, playful, calm, outgoing, relaxed, shy...
Since adult dogs sleep around 8-14 hours per day (and even more for senior dogs) and puppies sleep around 18-20 hours per day, you probably get to see all the different sleeping poses of your pooch. Did you know there may be meaning behind these different sleeping positions? Read on to learn more about what these sleeping positions may be telling us! The Donut Position This position is when your dog curls up tightly in a ball with his legs close to his body, nose near his back legs and tail curling over his body. A dog sleeping in this position may be trying to protect themselves from their surroundings. They may be a stray dog or a dog who is uncomfortable in their current environment. Sleeping in this position is also a great way...
Wondering, are all dogs lactose intolerant? 🐶🥛 As a pet parent, you might wonder, “Are all dogs lactose intolerant?” 🐕 The answer isn’t straightforward. Let’s dive into the world of dairy products, dog diets, and lactose intolerance to uncover the truth about our canine companions and milk products. Are All Dogs Lactose Intolerant? 🤔 Lactose intolerance in dogs isn’t universal, but it’s common. Many adult dogs have trouble digesting lactose, the primary sugar in mammalian milk, due to reduced levels of the enzyme lactase. Without enough lactase, undigested lactose can lead to gastrointestinal upset. Understanding Lactose Intolerance in Dogs 🐾 Signs of Lactose Intolerance 🚨 Loose stools Abdominal pain Gas and bloating Diarrhea...
Farm veterinarians play a crucial role in maintaining the health and welfare of livestock, ensuring the productivity and profitability of farms, and safeguarding public health by preventing the spread of animal diseases. One question that often arises is whether farm veterinarians provide emergency services. The answer is yes. Many farm veterinarians do offer emergency services, and in many cases, these services are provided by mobile veterinarians. This blog explores the importance of emergency veterinary services on farms, the role of mobile veterinarians, and the challenges and benefits associated with these essential services. The Role of Farm Veterinarians Farm veterinarians are specialized professionals who focus on the health...
Pets are more than just companions; they’re catalysts for better health and well-being. From the wag of a dog’s tail to the purr of a cat, the presence of pets in our lives can have a profound impact on our physical and mental health. In a world where stress and health issues are prevalent[A1] , the role of pets has become increasingly significant. This article delves into the myriad health benefits of having pets. Whether it’s through providing emotional support, encouraging physical activity, or simply offering unconditional love, pets contribute to our lives in ways that go beyond companionship. Let’s explore how these furry friends positively influence our health and overall quality of life. 1. Emotional Support Animals: More Than...
NEED A GIFT FOR A CAT LOVER? I think I have something you have not thought of! A cute kitty cat flag for home or yard. This adorable and colorful banner is adorned with playful feline designs that are sure to bring a smile to any cat lover’s face. Made from high-quality, durable fabric, it can be hung indoors or outdoors, adding a touch of charm to any space. I also love this black cat Christmas flag! So cute! Black Cat Christmas Flag for Outside Joy to the World Winter Christmas Cat Burlap Garden Flag 12x18 Double Sided Xmas Outdoor Holiday Porch Flags Seasonal Decor Outside Decorations for Yard $6.99 Buy Now We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. 06/27/2024 06:15 pm GMT Whether...
You’ve poured your heart into creating informative, engaging content to help and empower pet parents with your knowledge and experience in the pet space. But with more than 2.5 billion blog posts published every year, how do you stand out and reach your ideal readers? Many experts stress the importance of search engine optimization (SEO)—and... The post Understanding the Importance of Link Building for SEO appeared first on BlogPaws. Read More...
The post Farm Hounds Natural Chews and Treats Review 2024: An Expert Breakdown by Emily Muller appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead About Farm Hounds Overview Reviews Bonus Products Our Experience with Farm Hounds Products Our Final Verdict We give Farm Hounds Natural Chews and Treats an overall rating of 5 out of 5 stars...
The post Can Dogs Get Styes? Vet Reviewed Signs, Causes & Treatment by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Styes in Dogs Causes Signs Treatment Prevention Tips When to Seek Vet Care If you have ever had a stye, you know just how painful it can be. If your dog is showing eye irritation with an all-too-familiar...
The post Irish Setter Lab Mix: Info, Pictures, Care & Facts by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts Maybe you have decided to breed a dog, or you’re at least researching your options. There might...
The post Can Dogs Eat Couscous? Vet-Reviewed Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Misty Layne appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Couscous vs Rice Why Can Dogs Eat Couscous? Benefits Dangers Frequently Asked Questions Couscous has become an increasingly popular grain in people’s diets because it’s delicious, versatile, and healthy. If you make...
The post Crates Are Great: 7 Reasons Dr. Karyn Loves Them by Dr. Karyn Kanowski, BVSc MRCVS (Vet) appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Dr. Karyn. Read my introduction to learn more about me and my five funny dogs, Poppy, Bailey, Kodah, Ned, and Fred. Let’s get one thing out of the way before I tell you all the ways that crates are great. Many people hate the...
The post Affengriffon Dog Breed: Info, Pictures, Care, & Facts by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts People initially bred dogs for specific functions. Many were utilitarian, like hunting...
The post Blue Blood Cane Corso Dog Breed: Info, Pictures, Care & Facts by Jessica Kim appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead History Rise in Popularity Formal Recognition Unique Facts Do They Make a Good Pet? The Blue Blood Cane Corso is a hybrid dog breed that’s a cross between the Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog and the Cane Corso. These...
The post Why Do Dogs Like Tennis Balls So Much? 5 Interesting Reasons & FAQ by Nicole Cosgrove appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Reasons Dogs Like Tennis Balls Frequently Asked Questions Even if you aren’t a dog person, everybody knows our canine pals can’t get enough of playing with tennis balls. They’re fun to chase and...
The post Wheaten Terrier Husky Mix: Info, Pictures, Care & More by Matt Jackson appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts The Wheaten Terrier Husky mix combines the Soft-Haired Wheaten Terrier with the Siberian...
The post Why Do Male Dogs Have Nipples? Explanation & 6 Possible Concerns by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Why Male Dogs Have Nipples How Many Nipples Do Dogs Have? Possible Concerns Have you noticed that even though you definitely have a boy dog (you’ve checked), you also couldn’t help but see the little nips...
Tick fever, in canines also known as canine ehrlichiosis, is a significant concern for dog owners, particularly during the monsoon season. In this comprehensive guide, we take a look at tick fever, including its symptoms, causes, treatment, and preventive measures. Additionally, we aim to encourage contributions from pet owners, veterinarians and companies to enhance and provide valuable insights and experiences related to canine health. Understanding Tick Fever What is Tick Fever? Tick fever in dogs is primarily caused by the Ehrlichia canis parasite, which is transmitted through the bite of an infected tick. This disease can be severe and sometimes fatal if not treated promptly. The monsoon season can increase the risk of tick...
Many dogs develop black spots or dark patches on their skin. While some of these blemishes are harmless, others signal the presence of a more serious problem. Skin problems are common in dogs, and include everything from allergies to yeast infections. But what does it mean when your dog develops flat black spots or stains on his skin? This is also a common issue, and can have a variety of causes ranging from benign to serious. Read on to find out what these black patches might mean, and what you can do about them. SKIN INFECTIONS As always, a good first step is to take your dog to the vet, especially if the black spots appeared recently, look irritated, and/or are bothering him. DID YOU KNOW? Skin discoloration, including dark...
LOOKING FOR A PONTOON DOG RAMP? Ever dreamed of spending a sunny day on the water with your four-legged best friend? 🌞🐶 Well, I’ve been imagining it too, and guess what? I found the perfect solution that makes this splish splash dream a reality! This post is all about a pontoon dog ramp. Although I haven’t personally tried it out (yet!), I’m already hooked by the fantastic features and rave reviews of the SOLSTICE ORIGINAL Inflatable Pup Plank Dog Float. Let’s dive into why this dog float is worth checking out for pet lovers like us! 🐾 On the pontoon, life’s a dream, With a pontoon dog ramp, supreme! Your pup will prance, jump, and dive, Making every splash come alive! 🌊 🌞 Sun is shining, tails a-wag, Pontoon dog ramp, no need to...
Why it's so important to prepare your dog ahead of the baby's arrival, and what you can do to help your dog cope with the impending changes in routine etc. By Zazie Todd PhD Watch the latest episode of The Pawsitive Post in Conversation below or on Youtube, listen below or via your favourite podcast app, or read a transcript of the highlights below. Watch: Listen: Preparing a dog for the arrival of a baby Zazie and Kristi chat with Kate LaSala of Rescued By Training about the important steps to take to help dogs prepare for the arrival of a baby in the family. Kate takes a lot of fear and aggression cases and she tells us how she came to specialize in working with families with small children. She tells us about the...
The post Affen Tzu: Pictures, Info, Care Guide & More by Chantelle Fowler appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts The Affen Tzu is a Shih Tzu and Affenpinscher mix. These adorable hybrid dogs make fantastic...
The post Double Trouble? Manic and Lorraina vs Nature by Allison Dorsey appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Allison! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my three mixed-breed dogs from Thailand, Jelly, Lorraina, and Manic. Before I moved to the US with my dog trio (and husband) in tow, I made sure that they had a place they could explore outside. In...
Website Black Hawk Pet Care Recommended retailer Pet Circle Black Hawk became one of Australia’s most popular “Australian Made & Owned” dog foods when it was first released almost 15 years ago. Today the brand is owned by Masterpet, a New Zealand company, but Black Hawk dog food is still made in Australia using local ingredients, and still the food of choice for many dogs. Black Hawk will be a good choice if you’re looking for a decent dog food which is more affordable than other premium brands, and doesn’t come with the guilt factor of feeding some of the unhealthy cheaper brands. The recipes are decent, being a mix of grain and grain-free, and it’s understandable why many Aussies continue to feed Black Hawk to their dogs. Top...
The post Affenchon: Pictures, Info, Care Guide & More by Dogster Team appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts Between their adorable looks and entertaining personalities, you can rest assured that the Affenpinscher...
In the wake of Austin Animal Center (AAC) closing intake during the busiest sheltering week of the year, Austin Pets Alive! (APA!) is calling on the community to adopt or foster a pet before July 4. “It’s an immensely hard time for shelter animals and the people caring for them in Austin right now, especially for medium to large dogs,” said APA! president and CEO Dr. Ellen Jefferson. “We wish we could take in even more animals from AAC, but our Town Lake location is also full to the brim, and we’re calling on the community to adopt or foster a shelter pet this week before the July 4th holiday!” APA! is working on long-term solutions to fix the space crisis in our city for good, but as those plans are in process, the nonprofit is...
The post Rodent Ulcers in Dogs: Our Vet Explains Signs, Causes & Treatments by Dr. Joe Mallat DVM (Veterinarian) appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Rodent Ulcers Overview Signs to Look For Possible Causes Treatment FAQ The term “rodent ulcer” sounds awful, doesn’t it? Thankfully, these ulcers have nothing to do with rats (or any...
a hundred No-deposit Incentive Rules, 100 Buck Totally free Gambling establishment Processor chip Can get 2024 Articles Can i Convey more Than simply One to Checking Otherwise Family savings? Limitless Casino No-deposit Bonus Make sure you look at the World 7 Gambling enterprise VIP page to own next details. These types of incentives are created remain frequent professionals going back on the web site to try out and you will winnings more on the fresh local casino floor. Talking about probably the most aggressive incentives in the market, and you will World 7 Casino offers among the better fits incentives up to. Consider it while the an excellent “get one, get one” disregard during the a shop. Your cash added bonus is actually...
Judge Web based casinos Blogs The best Horse Race Gambling Websites In the uk To own 2024 The best Pagcor Signed up Casinos on the internet What is the Greatest Internet casino Inside the Southern area Africa? Top Legitimate Casinos on the internet Is actually Internet casino Dumps Secure? Have to Play Today? Read the #step 1 Local casino To make certain a casino features what must be done getting searched to your the webpages, it should satisfy the particular place ofcriteria. When it does, i develop an insightful opinion, built to answer all popular concerns one people have on the the newest gambling enterprise. If the a casino doesn’t meet the criteria, i obtained’t feature it to your our website. If you’re also trying to find...
The post Is a Fox a Cat or a Dog? Vet-Verified Facts & Info by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Cat vs. Dog-Like Features Unique Traits of Foxes Can Foxes Be Domesticated? Springy, quick, fearsome predator—the fox. This interesting little predator sure has people confused. After all, you could look at it and see...
The post Can Dogs Be Schizophrenic? Vet-Verified Mental Health Facts by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Defining Schizophrenia Schizophrenic Signs in Dogs Genetic Evidence Treating Behavioral Problems FAQ Maybe your dog’s personality has suddenly done a 180. The sweet pup you cuddled with on the couch acts...
The post Can Dogs Get Brain Freeze? Vet-Verified Facts & FAQ by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Overview Signs Prevention Cold Foods We’ve all been gnawing on our summer ice cream, enjoying every lick and all of a sudden—boom! The brain freeze hits. But what is this reaction? Can our dogs respond the same way...
The backyard pool is a great way to cool off and relax on a hot summer day, but dog parents must be careful. According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, thousands of companion animals die in water-related incidents annually. These tragic events are often preventable with the right precautions. Dogs require vigilant supervision around water to ensure their well-being. Key pool safety guidelines include teaching exit routes, wearing life jackets, and taking other steps to prevent accidents. Let’s dive into pool safety for dogs! Know That Not All Dogs are Natural Swimmers Contrary to popular belief, not all dogs are born with the ability to swim. Breeds with short legs, heavy bodies, or short snouts, like Bulldogs or Pugs...
More dogs go missing on July 4th than on any other day of the year. Read More...
The post Can Dogs Get Stomach Bugs? Vet-Verified Facts & FAQ by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Overview What Is Gastroenteritis? Can People Get Stomach Bugs from Dogs? So, you come home to find your pup lethargic and not acting themselves. After a few moments, you notice they are dry heaving overtop your favorite...
The post Can Dogs Have Prunes? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Overview Risks When to Call Your Vet Dogs can have a number of fruits and veggies, as they are omnivores just like us! However, our systems are a lot different. So, even though we can safely eat prunes, you may...
The post Why Does My Dog Lay on My Clothes? 5 Common Reasons by Matt Jackson appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Reasons Why Dogs Lay on Clothes Tips to Stop Your Dog Laying on Clothes Some dogs love nothing more than lying on their humans’ clothes. While their intentions might be pure, it is a habit that you probably want to...
The post Can Dogs Have Molasses? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts, Dangers & Benefits by Chantelle Fowler appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Types of Molasses Can Dogs Eat Molasses? Dangers Benefits Molasses is a thick syrup by-product of the sugar-making process. It’s commonly used in baking and can even be found in some dog foods...
The post Why Do Dogs Kick Their Legs When You Scratch Them? 6 Possible Reasons Explained by Matt Jackson appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Most dog parents know about their dogs’ sweet spot on their bellies, which causes them to kick their legs. This is a common behavior, but not all dogs react in the same way, and some have a reflex spot elsewhere on their bodies...
The post Am I a Helicopter Dog Parent? Ways I May Be Overprotective of Penny by Savanna Stanfield appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Savanna! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my spunky Chihuahua mix, Penny. In case you aren’t familiar with the term, a “helicopter parent” is someone that tends to hover over their children, being overprotective...
As the summer months roll in, many pet owners anticipate the celebrations and fireworks displays that come with holidays like the Fourth of July. However, for our four-legged friends, these festivities can be a source of significant stress and anxiety. If your dog is afraid of fireworks, it’s crucial to contact your vet now and explore counter-conditioning techniques to help them cope. Understanding Firework Anxiety in Dogs Dogs have acute hearing, and the loud, unpredictable sounds of fireworks can be terrifying for them. This fear can manifest in various ways, such as trembling, hiding, panting, pacing, or even destructive behavior. Firework anxiety is a common issue, and it’s important to address it proactively to ensure your...
Taylor Swift’s love for her cats is no secret. Meredith Grey, Olivia Benson, and Benjamin Button aren’t just pets; they’re family. Let’s take a playful dive into the purr-fect world of Taylor Swift and her feline friends, where every day is filled with whiskers, purrs, and a whole lot of love. 🐾 This post is all about Taylor Swift and her adorable cats. Taylor Swift’s Feline Family: Meet the Cats 🐾 Taylor Swift’s trio of cats—Meredith Grey, Olivia Benson, and Benjamin Button—are nothing short of internet sensations. Each kitty has its own personality, name origin, and a special place in Taylor’s heart. Let’s get to know these famous felines a little better. Hello!🙂 Before we get started, I’d like to mention that after engaging with...
Whether you’re backpacking for a week, jetting off to Europe, or doing a road trip, there are essential items to pack when traveling with your dog. While your checklist may differ based on what you will be doing and what your dog needs, we’ve compiled a checklist of essentials for traveling with your dog to make your travels stress-free. 1. The Basics When it comes to traveling with dogs, there are a few essentials that everyone should bring along with them. These essentials can help ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip for you and your canine companion: Leash Collar Harness Collapsible food and water dishes Enough food for the entire trip Water Poop bags Crate or other restraining devices Bed A few toys Calming medication or treats...
Protecting your furry companion from dangerous and potential fatal diseases is crucial. That’s how pet vaccination comes into the picture. Not just rabies, but several other vaccines can shield your furry friend from unpredictable illnesses. In this blog, we will cover all the 4Ws of pet vaccination- What are pet vaccines, why they are important, which vaccine to go with, and when to start vaccination. What are pet vaccines? Pet vaccination is one of the best ways to give your four-legged friend immunity to fight infectious diseases and ensure their safety. If the pet is jabbed against a certain illness, it will be immunized to fight against it. Also, your pet’s body will produce more antibodies as a result of vaccinations. They can...
The post Can You Put Aquaphor on Dogs? Vet-Verified Facts & FAQ by Matt Jackson appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead What Is Aquaphor? Can You Use It on Dogs? Uses of Aquaphor for Dogs Other Home Remedies Ingestion Safety Aquaphor & Open Wounds Aquaphor is a petroleum jelly-based moisturizer that is used primarily by people to treat...
If your dog or cat suffers from consistent tummy troubles, ashwagandha may just be the answer to their whimpers. As everyone can attest to – from toddler to old-timer – there’s nothing quite like a sore stomach to make you feel miserable. Newsflash: our beloved fur babies feel exactly the same way! If your dog is a compulsive grass-eater/vomiter, you’ll know exactly what we’re talking about. Even if they’re not, you only need to witness one explosive bout of diarrhea, complete with accompanying sad, humiliated puppy eyes, to know it’s no fun – for anyone! Enter KSM-66 Ashwagandha pure root extract: a natural remedy for gastrointestinal (GI) issues which has pet health providers everywhere feeling their own kind of digestive...
The post Bailey’s Panic Attacks: How Dr. Karyn is Helping by Dr. Karyn Kanowski, BVSc MRCVS (Vet) appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Dr. Karyn. Read my introduction to learn more about me and my five funny dogs, Poppy, Bailey, Kodah, Ned, and Fred. Bailey has been a member of our family even longer than I have. When my husband, Reece, and I blended our...
Keeping your cat hydrated is a year-round task, but July is about bringing awareness to the importance of water consumption for feline friends. To celebrate, let’s look at expert tips for cat parents! July is National Pet Hydration Awareness Month, and cat parents especially know just how important it is to make sure your kitty drinks enough water. Hydration is vital for all creatures, but it can be difficult to ensure our feline friends consume enough because they can be picky about drinking. If you’ve ever struggled to keep your cat hydrated, these tips will help you ensure they drink enough this National Pet Hydration Awareness Month and every day of the year! Cats Need to Stay Hydrated, Especially in Hot Weather Cats need water...
There are two good reasons why you would feed Prime100 Air Dried to your dog: Air dried is the easiest way of feeding your dog what is essentially a raw diet, but with the convenience of kibble (and far healthier!) Prime100 are an Australian success story when it comes to pet food, being one of the few companies worldwide who have tackled corporate brands like Royal Canin (from Mars) and Hill’s (from Colgate-Palmolive) to become a reputable and veterinary endorsed brand. On top of that, I would argue they offer much healthier options for your dog. The Prime100 rolls have proven to be a worthy choice for many Australian pet owners, and the single protein (SPD) diets are a godsend for dogs with dietary intolerances. You will note the...
Why do we cry? Simplistic and logical explanations veer toward the obvious. A member of your family or friend circle are taken from you, you feel a sense of loss. Grief is the physical manifestation of loss. Tears are a physical representation of the act of grieving. But we grieve for dogs in an all consumingly. The sense of loss is incomparable and legions of dog owners past, present and future will tell you the only negative aspect of having a dog in your life – is loosing them. How did dogs achieve this status? By loving us is the simple answer. Social media is where we live our lives – out loud or quietly. Whether you are a silent observer or a ‘sharer’ dog videos and representations are the most engaging. Dogs are so magical...
The post 10 Best Deep-Cleansing Dog Shampoos in 2024 – Reviews & Top Picks by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Bathing your pet is probably not your favorite task as a dog owner, and your pet probably fights you every step of the way. This can be especially frustrating when you have one that loves to get dirty, which makes getting a...
Did you know dogs are most likely to run away from home on the 4th of July weekend? Between July 4th and 6th, animal control officials report a 30-60% increase in lost pets due to fear and panic caused by fireworks. I thought I knew all I needed to know about finding a lost dog. That all changed when my beloved rescue dog, Grace, ran away from her sitter while we were on vacation. Grace was lost in the New Mexico wilderness, an area populated by bears and mountain lions….Read the full story on Substack Here! Stay Healthy & Stay Pawsitive, Carlyn MDO PS…. Do you know someone who would benefit from the information in this post? Share it – Here! If you haven’t yet, check out my new weekly Substack Newsletter – Here! Do you like to...
The post Hundeo Dog Training App Review 2024: An Expert’s Breakdown by Lisa Lee appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead About Hundeo Dog Training App Overview Key Features Is It A Good Value? FAQ Our Experience Our Final Verdict We give Hundeo a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. Quality: 5/5 Variety: 5/5 User Friendliness: 4.9/5 Value...
The post Zonli Pet Cooling Mat Review 2024: An Expert’s Breakdown by Emily Muller appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead About Zonli Pet Cooling Mat Overview Key Features Is It A Good Value? FAQ Our Experience Our Final Verdict We give the Pet Cooling Mat a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. Quality: 5/5 Variety: 4.8/5 Materials...
Dogs can’t hear all sounds at four times the distance humans can. They can probably hear some sounds at an even greater distance factor than that, compared to humans. But there are other sounds humans and dogs likely hear at about the same distance, and even some that humans can hear at a greater distance […] The post Can Dogs Hear Sounds at Four Times the Distance Humans Can? appeared first on eileenanddogs. Reas More...
The post Why Do Small Dogs Live Longer? Vet-Approved Lifespan Explanation by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Big animals tend to live longer than small ones. Think of an African elephant, averaging 60 years in the wild versus a lowly deer mouse that is lucky to live only 1 to 2 years. However, we can cast all of this aside when it comes to the...
It can be difficult to reduce our carbon footprint when we have pets. Luckily, guinea pigs have less impact than meat-eaters like cats or dogs–but they still produce a lot of waste! Let’s discuss how to make guinea pigs more eco-friendly pets. The best way to make guinea pigs eco-friendly is to reduce the amount of things you buy for them. Buy reusable bedding like fleece liners, purchase white vinegar in bulk and mix it with water to make a simple homemade cleaning solution, and take care not to purchase more items than they need. In this article, we’ll discuss more tips and tricks to stay eco-friendly while still providing top-notch care to your guinea pigs. 1. Purchase Reusable Bedding Fleece bedding If you’re currently using...
Spoiled or contaminated food can be a source of illness for your dog or cat, so proper food storage is essential for her health. Keeping your dog or cat’s food safe and fresh is crucial for her overall health and well-being. Food that’s gone off can cause serious illness, so it’s important to store it properly to avoid spoilage and contamination. Understanding the Risks Improperly stored food can become a breeding ground for bacteria, mold, and other contaminants. Ingesting spoiled or contaminated food can lead to gastrointestinal issues, food poisoning, and other serious health complications. Choose the Right Containers The first step in proper food storage is selecting the appropriate containers. Airtight, moisture-proof, and...
My next book will be out in a few months. Check out this beautiful cover! By Zazie Todd PhD This page contains affiliate links which means I may earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no cost to you I am so excited to share the cover of my next book with you! Bark! The Science of Helping Your Anxious, Fearful, or Reactive Dog will be out on 1st October 2024 in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, and on 17th October in the UK). Just look at this gorgeous cover! I am so lucky to have the same designer for all three of my books’ covers, Belle Wuthrich, and I think she has excelled herself with this one. I love it sooooo much! Out of all of my books, Bark! is the one that is closest to my heart. I wanted to write...
The post Border Collie Aussie Mix: Pictures, Info, Care Guide & More by Ashley Bates appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts Hybrid breeds are all the craze these days. From the ever-popular Doodle dogs to Bully...
The post Lorraina and the Chewy Box: An Unhealthy Relationship by Allison Dorsey appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Allison! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my three mixed-breed dogs from Thailand, Jelly, Lorraina, and Manic. Do you have a dog who loves treats? Most people would chuckle at that question and might respond with, “Is there oxygen...
The post Border Collie Bull Staffy: Pictures, Info, Care Guide & More by Misty Layne appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts Deciding what dog breed to adopt can prove challenging. There are just so many breeds out...
You’ve seen ashwagandha advertised and fêted everywhere as the new miracle healer for all that ails both yourself and your dog. But you find yourself wondering: is it safe for dogs? Acid washed denim. Underwear as outerwear. Crocs. Diamond-encrusted dog collars. Trends come and go – a fact as true in the world of health as the fashion industry. Some trends, however, are more than just fads. Some health trends in particular take a real hold thanks to thousands of years of traditional use, science-backed studies, and a multitude of real-life success stories as proof of their healing power. Ashwagandha is one such health ‘trend’ which is more fact than fad, with plenty of clinical proof of its efficacy. Still, you find yourself worrying...
Find out how planning ahead for emergency scenarios can save your dog or cat’s life Emergency preparedness, including an evacuation plan, can help ensure your dog or cat stays safe in the event of a disaster, natural or otherwise. Emergencies can strike at any time, and being prepared makes all the difference when it comes to the well-being and survival of your four-legged family member. Hurricanes: A Unique Challenge Hurricanes present a unique set of challenges for dog and cat parents, as the combination of high winds, heavy rain, and potential flooding can pose significant threats to both you and your animal. When a hurricane is forecast, it’s crucial to closely monitor weather advisories and heed any evacuation orders promptly...
Bobcats are fascinating wild animals, but their interactions with 🐱🐶 domestic 🏠 pets can be concerning. If you’re a pet owner, you might wonder, “Are bobcats dangerous to dogs?” In this article, I’ll explore the potential threats bobcats pose to dogs, especially smaller breeds, and offer tips on how to keep your pets safe. This post is all about answering the question, are bobcats dangerous to dogs? When I invented the Kritter Kondo, an outdoor pet enclosure, I did a ton of research on this topic. I am sharing all my findings, plus much more since I recently updated my notes. 🗒️ Before we venture into the land of bobcats and dogs, I wrote a little poem to sum everything up! But keep 📚 🤓 reading after the poem, this content is super...
The post Can Dogs Get Chiggers? Vet-Verified Facts & FAQ by Matt Jackson appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Overview Where and When They’re Found Diagnosis Treatment Prevention FAQ Chiggers are tiny mites that live near water and are typically found in grass or wooded areas. They enjoy the warmth, come out in the warmer months...
Pet abandonment is a distressing reality that reveals complex human behaviors and societal issues. It stems from a variety of reasons, each reflecting aspects of human nature and circumstances that lead individuals to forsake their responsibilities towards their animal companions. One significant factor behind pet abandonment is the lack of understanding or underestimation of the commitment required to care for a pet. Many people acquire pets impulsively, driven by temporary desires or emotions without fully considering the long-term implications. Puppies and kittens, may be adopted during moments of emotional vulnerability or as gifts. This often happens without thorough consideration of the resources and time needed for their proper...
We are honored to have been voted 'Best Nonprofit' in the Austin Chronicle's 2024 'Best Of' issue. Since 2010, Austin Pets Alive! has won 14 “Best of Austin” awards from The Austin Chronicle, including ‘Best Nonprofit’ 10 times. We live in a community full of heart and it shows with all of the thriving nonprofits that help make our city one of the best around, so it truly is an honor to receive this award. Read More...
The post Border Point Dog: Pictures, Info, Care Guide & More by Misty Layne appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts Are you looking to adopt a canine companion? Have you been searching for the perfect breed to play...
The post How Penny Turned Me Into a Dog Lover by Savanna Stanfield appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Savanna! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my spunky Chihuahua mix, Penny. Cat person vs. dog person is something that has left many people divided over the years. It seems like no matter how much we try to change the other party’s opinion, they...
Prioritize your dog’s needs and adjust his sleeping environment so he gets the best rest possible. Dogs spend a lot of time sleeping, and the quality of their rest can greatly impact their overall health and well-being. By following these five simple tips, you can create a cozy retreat that will help your canine companion feel secure, comfortable and content. 1. Provide Orthopedic Support One of the most crucial factors in providing a comfortable sleeping area for your dog is ensuring he has the proper orthopedic support. As dogs age, or suffer from certain health conditions, their joints and muscles can become more sensitive, making a high quality orthopedic dog bed a necessity. These specialized beds are designed to minimize...
The post Can Dogs Eat Provolone Cheese? Vet Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Jessica Kim appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Can Dogs Eat Provolone Cheese? Benefits Risks Feeding Guide Many foods aren’t necessarily toxic or poisonous to dogs, but they’re still not very good for them to eat. Cheese is one of those foods that...
The post Can Dogs Legs Fall Asleep? Vet-Verified Facts & FAQ by Chantelle Fowler appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Causes of Limbs Falling Asleep Signs in Dogs Is It Normal? What You Can Do Other Causes We all know the tingling feeling that floods our legs when we sit in the same position for too long. This is known in the...
When they bite your dog, some tick species can spread potentially fatal diseases, and this time of year is when some of them are most active and searching for hosts to feast on. This summer, it is crucial to regularly examine your dog for any unwelcome parasitic hitchhikers and remove them before they can attach and avoid the spread of disease. After your dog has spent time outside in an area where ticks are likely to be present, it is extremely vital to do a thorough inspection of your dog. Even if your dog is given a spot-on treatment or wears a tick prevention collar, you still need to complete this inspection, and continue throughout the summer. Performing a Complete Body Check What is the best way to inspect your dog for...
The post Can Dogs Use Human Toothpaste? Vet-Verified Info & Facts by Nicole Cosgrove appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Can Dogs Use Human Toothpaste? Fluoride Xylitol Frequently Asked Questions Dog owners know that if there’s one step of the grooming process where you can’t slack off, it’s dental care. Preventing periodontal...
This post answers the question, how long after a dog eats does it poop? They say what goes in must come out, right? But how long after a dog eats do they poop? Let’s dive into the details and find out! 💩🐩 NOT LITERALLY! 💩 Reli. Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags w/Holder (360 Bags - 24 Rolls) | 9x13" Large Dog Bags for Poop w/Dispenser | Green, Eco-Friendly Doggie Poop Bag |Oxobiodegradable Pet Waste Bag Refills | Unscen... $11.99 ($0.03 / Count) Buy Now We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. 06/24/2024 03:36 am GMT 🔃 Understanding Dog Digestion Dogs digest food similarly to humans, although there are some differences. When a dog eats, the process begins immediately. 🥙🐕‍🦺 Unlike humans, dogs...
The post Can Dogs Eat Chickpeas? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Chantelle Fowler appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead What Are Chickpeas? Can Dogs Eat Chickpeas? Benefits Feeding Guide Frequently Asked Questions Chickpeas have a pleasant, nutty taste that lends itself well to many dip, salad, and curry recipes. They can...
The post Can Cats Be Allergic to Dogs? Vet Explained Info & How to Help by Dr. Chyrle Bonk DVM (Veterinarian) appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Allergies in Pets Allergic Reactions to Certain Dog Breeds How to Help Allergies are among the most frustrating issues that veterinarians and pet owners deal with. It’s not enough that...
Website Instinctive Bite Country of origin Australia Available from Pet Circle In 2024 we have dog foods of all shapes and sizes, ranging from nuggets of cardboard to gourmet fit for a king. But what if all you want is a decent run-of-the-mill dry dog food which won’t require a home loan extension? Instinctive Bite could well be your answer. The ingredients are good, reliability is good, and the price is competitive compared to similar brands. If you want to feed one of those gourmet foods as well I see no reason why you can’t. Instinctive Bite could be a good base diet for your dog, and you can swank it up with some dried or fresh raw. Top tip: Also check out the rather excellent Instinctive Bite Bone Broth as an excellent...
ACANA is the sister brand of Orijen, with both being made by Canadian manufacturer Champion Petfoods. If you’ve already read our review of Orijen dog food then you’ll know how reputable this manufacturer is, and it has to be said from the off that ACANA is a very good dog food. The caveat is Orijen is the better of the two, but when it comes to pet food “better” also means “pricier”. For our ACANA dog food review we’ll dig in to the Free-Run Poultry Recipe, which is a benchmark for all in the range. ACANA dog food review What the marketing says What the ingredients really say Where to buy ACANA dog food dog food An excellent insight into ACANA dog food (video) About Champion Petfoods (video) ACANA dog food review summary...
The post Unexpected Support for My Chronic Fatigue: How My Dogs Adapted to Napping by Dr. Karyn Kanowski, BVSc MRCVS (Vet) appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Dr. Karyn. Read my introduction to learn more about me and my five funny dogs, Poppy, Bailey, Kodah, Ned, and Fred. I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. Some days I have a...
The post Vital Essentials Dog Food Review 2024: An Expert’s Breakdown by Sara Seitz appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead About Vital Essentials Key Features Reviews Our Experience Our Final Verdict We give Vital Essentials brand an overall rating of 4.95 out of 5 stars. Quality: 4.9/5 Variety: 5/5 Ingredients: 5/5 Value...
Dogs are super important members of families, and they can experience anxiety just like we do. 🐶💖 Whether it’s separation anxiety, thunderstorms, or other triggers, it’s tough to see our furry friends feeling distressed. 🌩️😢 This post is all about the best anxiety relief for dogs. best-anxiety-relief-for-dogs-1 There are many products on the market that can help ease their anxiety. Come with me as I explore the best anxiety relief products for dogs. 🐕‍🦺 When it comes to choosing an anxiety relief product for your dog, it’s important to consider the type of anxiety they experience and the severity of their symptoms. Some dogs may benefit from natural remedies like calming treats or aromatherapy, while others may require...
The post Can Dogs Eat Shiitake Mushrooms? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Chantelle Fowler appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead What Are Shiitake Mushrooms? Benefits Risks Feeding Guide Can Dogs Eat Wild Shiitake Mushrooms? Mushrooms are a complex food. While many types offer a nutrient-loaded, low-calorie, savory, and meaty...
The post Can Dogs Eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Chantelle Fowler appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Why Dogs Can’t Eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Dangers What to Do if Your Dog Ate Cinnamon Toast Crunch Safe Breakfast Cereals for Dogs Breakfast is not only the most important meal of the day...
The post Can Dogs Eat Artichokes? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Chantelle Fowler appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Benefits Risks Feeding Guide Artichokes are large thistle-like perennials grown for their edible flower buds. Their leaves, stems, and roots are often used to make extracts for medicines, but the plant can...
The practice of journalists attributing their names with a short biography to articles through author bylines emerged nearly a century ago. Prior to the 1900s, anonymous articles were not unusual, and those who chose to “sign” their work with just their name often sought recognition for their work and accountability for mistakes. Bylines became a... The post Why You Need An Author Byline on Every Blog Post appeared first on BlogPaws. Read More...
The post What Berries Can Dogs Eat? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Jessica Kim appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Safe Berries Potentially Unsafe Berries Unsafe Berries Can dogs eat berries? Well, there’s no simple answer to this seemingly simple question. There are over 400 different types of known berries, and some are...
Firework displays may be fun for human participants but the loud noises and flashing lights of holiday fireworks spell absolute terror for many dogs–so much so that many dogs go missing after hearing fireworks. If you’re wondering how to calm a dog during fireworks, we’ve got help for you, starting before the fireworks ever begin. … This post first appeared in DogTipper.com. Link to original post: How to Calm a Dog During Fireworks Read More...
The post Can Dogs Eat Rye Bread? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Why Dogs Can Eat Rye Bread Benefits & Dangers Why Dogs Shouldn’t Eat Rye Bread Frequently Asked Questions Sharing food comes naturally to us. It doesn’t matter if it’s our family or a friend; it’s a...
Toothbrushing should be a part of every dog’s health routine, but that doesn’t mean it’s an easy feat. Learn the secrets of expert tooth-brushers and great tips to avoid bites when brushing your dog’s teeth! Does your dog become a non-stop chomp machine anytime you try to brush their teeth? Dogs aren’t always cooperative for regular oral care, and there are many reasons they may chew or accidentally bite when having their teeth brushed. Fortunately, there are ways you can protect your fingers and their gums while also making toothbrushing easier. Read on to learn some expert tips to help you avoid bites when brushing your dog’s teeth. Let Them Explore the Toothbrush When first starting a toothbrushing routine, let your dog sniff and...
The post Border Collie Shetland Sheepdog: Pictures, Info, Care Guide & More by Chantelle Fowler appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts The Border Collie Shetland Sheepdog, also known as the Border Sheepdog, is a...
The post Can Dogs Drink Tea? Vet-Approved Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Misty Layne appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Sometimes, it’s nice giving your canine companion a treat you know they’ll love, and occasionally, those treats are something you would eat or drink too. Take tea, for example. Plenty of people enjoy tea because of its various flavors and the nutritional...
Why Do People Fake Dog Allergies? Faking dog allergies is not uncommon, and the reasons vary. Some individuals might do it to avoid social situations where dogs are present, either due to a fear of dogs (cynophobia) or simply a dislike for them. Others may use this excuse to bypass living arrangements or travel plans involving dogs, especially if they prefer pet-free environments. In workplaces or public transport, claiming a dog allergy can be a way to maintain personal space or avoid interactions. Understanding these motivations is crucial for pet owners and service providers to address concerns appropriately and compassionately. Unfortunately, there are also some individuals who use allergies to avoid responsibility which can...
The post Dreaming of Chaos in Full Color: What Happens When Manic Sleeps by Allison Dorsey appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Allison. Read my introduction to learn more about me and my three mixed-breed dogs from Thailand, Jelly, Lorraina, and Manic. Some people have vivid dreams full of memories, while others’ minds conjure up impossible scenarios involving...
Asthma is a chronic lower respiratory condition that affects not only humans but also dogs and cats. Understanding the signs, causes, and treatments for asthma in animals can help pet parents provide the best care possible. Causes and Triggers An allergic reaction to inhaled environmental irritants is often the cause of asthma in dogs and cats. Once inside the lower airways, these allergens can interact with the immune system, causing inflammation, airway constriction, and difficulty breathing. Common allergens and triggers include: Pollen Dust mites Mold spores Smoke Strong chemicals Perfumes or fragrances Dusty cat litter Cleaning products In some cases, stress or anxiety can exacerbate asthma symptoms. Clinical Signs Cats are...
Help protect your animal companion — and the environment — by properly disposing of unused or expired medication and other potentially toxic products The importance of properly disposing of your dog or cat’s medications and expired products cannot be stressed enough. If not handled responsibly, these items can pose significant risks to both your animal companion and the environment. Let’s explore the best practices for ensuring the safe and eco-friendly disposal of these materials. The Dangers of Improper Disposal Improperly discarding your furry companion’s medications and expired products can have serious consequences. Leftover or expired drugs, if accidentally ingested by your dog or cat, can lead to potential poisoning or other...
The post Do Dogs Understand If Another Dog Is Dying? Behavior Explanation & Facts by Nicole Cosgrove appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Overview Behavioral Signs Dogs Become Attached Mourning and Dogs Do Dogs Understand Death? Dogs Still Grieve Helping Dogs Cope With Death Losing a sick or aging pet is emotionally challenging for...
The post My Cat Is Bullying My Dog: 9 Vet-Approved Tips to Stop Them by Misty Layne appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Having a multi-pet household comes with unique challenges, especially if you have a mix of pets like cats and dogs. One of the most common challenges that can arise is pets not getting along. However, sometimes, it’s less a case of two animals...
NEED THE BEST ANTI ITCH SPRAY FOR CATS? You have pounced onto the right blog post! As a cat mom, I saw my sweet Abigail go through a tough time with itches. Watching her scratch constantly was heartbreaking. 😿 I had a few useful solutions I used that I will be sharing, plus a few more. 🐈👍 That’s why I’ve researched the best anti-itch spray for cats. We all want our furry friends to feel their best. These sprays can help alleviate their discomfort, letting them get back to their playful selves in no time. 😸✨ When picking the best anti-itch spray for cats, there are a few things to consider. First, make sure it’s specifically formulated for cats and safe for them to use. 🐾 earthbath, Hypo-Allergenic Cat Wipes - Fragrance Free...
Welcoming a new dog or cat into your home is an exciting experience, but it also comes with the responsibility of ensuring their safety and well-being. Here’s how to pet-proof your house. Creating a safe home environment for your dog or cat is crucial to ensuring their well-being and preventing accidents or injuries. From properly securing windows and balconies to preventing access to hazardous areas, read on for essential tips to making your home animal-friendly. 1. Secure windows and balconies Install window screens or guards to prevent animals from falling out. Keep balcony doors closed or use pet-proof barriers to restrict access. Ensure that balcony railings are secure and have no gaps that your dog or cat could squeeze...
This fungal skin disease is usually associated with humans, but it can affect dogs and cats too. Though unsightly, it can be treated with conventional medication and/or alternative remedies. Ringworm is a skin disease that has been around for over 5,000 years in humans. But it also occurs in a number of animals, including dogs and cats. This article digs under the surface of this condition to reveal its causes, signs and symptoms, and how it can be treated, both conventionally and holistically. WHY IS THE CONDITION CALLED “RINGWORM”? Despite its name, ringworm is actually a fungus. It also occurs only on the skin, and not in the GI tract like most real worms. There are about 40 types of fungus that can cause ringworm in various...
The post Can Dogs Eat Goat Cheese? Vet-Verified Nutrition Facts & FAQ by Chris Dinesen Rogers appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click to Skip Ahead Can Dogs Eat Goat Cheese? Benefits Risks FAQ Goat cheese might not be among America’s top 15 most consumed cheeses, but it certainly has its fans. You probably won’t have any problem getting your dog to...
I’m so excited to announce that we now have TWO new dog treat cookbooks just in time for summer! As you know, a few years ago I wrote The Healthy Hound Cookbook (Simon & Schuster) but I’ve been wanting to create a treats-only cookbook for a while now. Quick & Easy Dog Treats Cookbook features … This post first appeared in DogTipper.com. Link to original post: New Dog Treat Cookbooks! Read More...
The post Dogs and Mental Health: 5 Ways Penny Helps Me Mentally by Savanna Stanfield appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Hi, I’m Savanna! Read my introduction to learn more about me and my spunky Chihuahua mix, Penny. Mental health is something that is very important to me, and I’m glad that it’s becoming more acceptable to talk about it openly. Along with there being...
Dogs can be good at hiding pain and discomfort. Here’s how to tell if your canine companion may not be feeling his best. Unlike us, dogs are unable to verbally express how they’re feeling. Sometimes, they may not even exhibit obvious signs of pain or discomfort. It’s crucial to be vigilant and proactive when it comes to identifying subtle signs of pain in your canine companion, so you can ensure timely intervention and proper care. Recognizing Subtle Indicators One of the most significant challenges in identifying pain and discomfort in dogs is that they often display subtle signs that can go unnoticed. These signs may include changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or behavior. For instance, a dog in pain may become aggressive or...
Every year I post an article that lists last-minute things you can do to help your dog who is afraid of fireworks. We are coming up on Independence Day and Canada Day, and that means bangs and booms. Over the years, I have tweaked my list. I’ll be updating and reposting it in a few […] The post If Your Dog Is Afraid of Fireworks, Contact Your Vet Now appeared first on eileenanddogs. Reas More...
The post Soft Coated Golden (Wheaten Terrier Golden Retriever Mix): Pictures, Facts, Temperament & Traits by Adam Mann appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts Mixed breeds are all the rage, and the more you learn...
The post Hairless Chihuahua: Info, Pictures, Traits & Care Guide by Kathryn Copeland appeared first on Dogster. Copying over entire articles infringes on copyright laws. You may not be aware of it, but all of these articles were assigned, contracted and paid for, so they aren't considered public domain. However, we appreciate that you like the article and would love it if you continued sharing just the first paragraph of an article, then linking out to the rest of the piece on Dogster.com. Click Below to Skip Ahead Characteristics Temperament Intelligence Food & Diet Exercise Health Training Grooming Fun Facts The Chihuahua is a feisty, pint-sized dog that hails from Mexico and has gained the...